Saturday, January 26, 2008

Name: Tom Bornstein

Experience w/ computers: It took me 10 minutes to find WORD on this MAC. That is indicative of my computer acumen. I use email at work and occasionally use the web to search for things. (Of course mainly when I’m searching for things I ask my wife, as she knows where most things are.)

Experience w/ digital arts: None, save cataloging my digital snapshots.

I think I can combine the answer to “ why am I taking this class “and what are my goals for the class”: I am particularly interested in pushing my photography into a more painterly art. I have recently have started to play with paints and would like to use some of my photos as the basis for some paintings or possibly some ink/water color pictures (or prints).
I am also very interested in learning more about composition and color scheme.

What projects am I interested in tackling: A series of Juneau photos, as well as completing a “silk screen” print.

Mac or PC : this is the first time I have actually touched a Mac. (Not that my experience with PC’s is substantial.)

Artist at any level: I suppose that everyone is at some level. Maybe as time goes by I’ll have a more definitive answer.

What would make the class go well: Direct feedback on composition.
technical instruction on the software

No comments: